For internet gaming, a gaming keyboard has the same importance as a gaming mouse has. A gaming keyboard or gaming keypad is a specially designed keyboard for gamers. It has probably 110 to 115 keys, including functional keys (F1 to F12). It uses membrane technology that produces no noise and relatively quiet pressing while working.
It has all the keys and functions required in a gaming situation. Hence provides a better gaming experience. But on the other side, it is less durable as switches are mounted directly on the printed circuit board (PCB). That is the reason that expensive keyboards use metal plates in manufacturing. Many companies are determined to design and manufacture more advanced keyboard in ergonomics fashion, like mini keyboards.
Gaming Keyboard VS Standard Keyboard
How can we distinguish it from a standard computer keyboard? It is different from a standard QWERTY keyboard because of its functions and a limited number of keys. A standard keyboard uses membrane technology, while a gaming keyboard uses mechanical switches. Instead of metal, it is manufacture by using rubber and plastic, which makes it spill-proof. Moreover, high intense situations create while gaming. And competitive gamer requires quick response and fast actions to play games efficiently and smoothly that’s available on gamerscpu.com. So, a standard keyboard would not be a preferable choice for gaming purposes. But on the other spectrum, anyone can use a gaming keyboard as a standard keyboard for typing purposes.
Key-features of a gaming keyboard:
- Key revolver functionality: A key revolver measures the number of presses at once. This feature allows you to press and type more than one key at once.
- Ergonomics and Comfort: These are light-weighted, dome switched keyboards, provide super comfort in gaming.
- Backlighting: Almost all standard and expensive gaming keyboards come with a backlighting feature, which provides a range of colors from single color to full RGB (16.8 million colors).
- Affordable Price: Because of membrane technology, gaming keyboards are very cheap compared to mechanical keyboards. That’s why these are good in terms of budget.
- Available keys: The gaming keyboard provides multimedia, macro, and shortcut keys also. A few people use macro keys. But both multimedia and macro keys offer ease in the world of gaming.
Best Gaming Keyboard 2020:
Following are the current best small or foldable gaming keyboards with a fantastic shape and all-round features:
- SteelSeries Apex Pro (include programmable keys, backlighting, OLED display, but quite expensive)
- Razer Huntsman Elite (fast key-press response, tactile keys switches, backlighting with programmable keys)
- Roccat Vulcan 120 Aimo (Titan switches, gorgeous lighting, super comfort, programmable keys)
To conclude, a gaming keyboard can be an essential accessory for gaming and work because of its features and cost So, for more detail visit https://gamerscpu.com/best-foldable-keyboard-2020/. But it’s less durable in comparison with other standard and advanced keyboards. You can choose foldable or small gaming keyboards based on your requirement. If you are looking for a highly durable and long-term device, you should go with an expensive gaming keyboard. But you can rely on a cheap gaming keyboard also if your budget is not very high. Now it’s everyone’s perception of what factors they consider essential while buying a keyboard.